Freitag, 11. September 2009

Morgens, halb 9 in Southwest England

Everything is quiet. as quiet as only death should be.
You could hear the house's breath if there was one.
Silence everywhere.
And suddenly, there is this tiny little black thing popping through the door to my room. Molly.
Always awake when everyone else is still asleep. The boys have already gone to school, the rest was heading to work. So there is just me and the dog. Left in a big, massive, silent house.
"Oh Molly", I start thinking, "it's too early." I turn away from her but as she's not dumb, she keeps an scratching at my door.
Alright, you won. I get up, get dressed and take the lead oput of the cupboard. Molly is already jumping around. She knows what is going on; that we are going for a walk.
But she is right. The morning is the most beautiful part of the day. The sun has risen but has not reached the top yet. There is a chilliy but knidly breeze tumbling my hair. The first few hours are the best. no one else is awake. The streets are empty and we are alone. Just the two of us. in the woods. Through the fields.
walk with molly

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen