Montag, 6. Juli 2009


Louise Bourgeois
Arch of Hysteria 1993
Courtesy Cheim and Reid, Galerie Karsten Greve and Galerie Hauser and Wirth


This is one of my favorite artworks made by Louise Bourgeois, a famous French Artist now living in the USA. Her intention is to show the human being's struggle to survive in today's society. One is forced from all sides to adapt to our surrounding. And under this pressure of trying to be loved, the individuum has to stand a fight with itself and his true indentity.

This stculpture made of bronze expresses all these feelings i sometimes have when i look around me and try to figure out who i really am. Who is this girl, me? What am i made for? Do i have to deform myself to be accepted or should I stay honest to myself?

Sometimes, it is hard to resist the desire of new material influences and the requirements of our environment. But after all, we must stay ourself, no matter what. And I think we have to fight even harder if there are barriers laid on our way instead of giving up and trying to be someone else.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen