Samstag, 10. April 2010

it's cinema time (again)!

I've jsut come back from the cinema at Babington and i'm still a bit confused. We (my host fam & I) watched 'Shutter Island', a psychological mystery-thriller film directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo Di Caprio. I never thought I'd be able to take Leo seriously with Titanic still on my mind. Funnily enough I couldn't but in a different way. Strange movie that keeps me thinking. It makes me wonder how easily one can be made  believe the most random and the most silly stories. We take for granted what we see as long as it's not being proved wrong. Well, why not? Why shouldn't we be a bit naive from time to time? Why does anyone have to be evil who starts talking to us? Why shouldn't we believe what people tell us?
This film made me realize how easily one can be seduced by the media be it advertisement, newspapers, TV, cinema etc. Maybe we should think twice.Not only one. Maybe we shouldn't be that ignorant sometimes and maybe, in the end, there might only be one person left who we can still trust in: oneself.

Oh how I zoned out again...I should really go to bed now.
Night world.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen